Verisign Secured™: All of the credit card information sent to M. Warren & Co Ltd travels through a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 'pipeline' on our www.mwarrens.co.uk domain name. The information goes directly from your computer to our secure server using the most advanced security measure available.
- A security logo will be visible at the bottom right of your web browser, and you'll also see a green bar appear in the address bar at the top with the company name on it. This means you are in secure mode – this should always be visible when entering personal or payment details. The new “green bar” indicates EVSSL which means we've been verified as a long standing, reputable company by a security issuing authority like Verisign Secured™.
- Being in secure mode means all your details are encrypted for increased security (128 bit)
- We use advanced encryption so that your card details cannot be seen
- Verisign prevents you from inadvertently revealing any personal information
- We do not store your card details (that is why we ask for them for every order placed)
- The three digit card signature code will be required to place an order – this ensures that your card cannot be misused
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode
What is it?
M. Warren & Co Ltd participates in Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode for added online payment security. These services are offered by Visa and MasterCard, in association with the bank that has issued your credit / debit card. It is aimed at protecting your details when shopping online by ensuring your card is not being used by someone else and is becoming a standard across all shopping websites.
What will I see?
If your card qualifies and you haven’t yet registered, simply follow the onscreen instructions. This process will create an online code (different to your card PIN – an online PIN equivalent) for use on warrens.co.uk and other participating websites.
This is a completely secure process. The information you provide is completely private, will only be visible to you and your card issuer, and would never be shared with other parties.
If you're unsure about this new service, you may be able to complete your order without registering but your card issuer will eventually require you to register to continue shopping online.
Additional Security Advice
Your computer will allow you to set your web browser to tell you when your details are being sent and to warn if they are not being sent in a secure way, to activate this in:
Internet Explorer - select OPTIONS on the VIEW menu and then click the SECURITY tab, ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked
Firefox - select TOOLS then OPTIONS on the tools menu and then click the SECURITY tab, go into settings of the warning messages section - ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked.
If you are using older versions of Internet Explorer for example version 5 or older then, we recommend you update the browser to a up to date version of Internet Explorer in order to take full advantage of the improved security features.